![]() |
| © Kellie Straw, all rights reserved. |
When I moved to California in 2007, I planned on starting a dog walking service but the long hours and working every Holiday continued to loom in my mind as an experience I didn't want. I have always loved animals and wanted to do something that included them. So high on a cliff I visited daily in Santa Barbara, I would contemplate what to do for a living that I would love. I had been told that Santa Barbara had more artists per capita than any other city in the country. And though I had dabbled in art on and off since childhood, I'd never considered it as a means for income. I could draw and had taught myself to paint, but make a living at it? Scary! But I couldn't resist the calling that was coming from somewhere deep within. So I painted my first dog portrait just to see what would happen. Rose, my gorgeous best friend and Rottweiler, would be my first attempt. When I completed her portrait, Straw Dog Art was born. This is her portrait; the one that started it all.
© Kellie Straw, all rights reserved.

I am so glad you began this journey and to have 4 pieces of your incredible art work! The paintings of my four pack bring joy to me every time I look at them. I can stare at them for hours, but my dogs would rather me play with them!
ReplyDelete